Saturday, October 4, 2008

Belgrade: A Step Back In Time

This post at Maria's Wish I Could Reach You In Belgrade blog about a travel book on the Balkans, which was written at the turn of the 20th century, got me wondering how Belgrade looked in the early(ish) 1900s?

So I did a quick search and found some interesting videos of Belgrade from the 1930s and thought I'd share them with you. You should be able to recognise some of the sights:







Update on new address
I'm still tweaking the new Balkan File site and it should be complete by Monday at the latest. So expect the new address then. If you're already subscribed to Balkan File via the RSS feed, it should automatically pick up the new site so you won't have to subscribe again.
:-)

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hey, you're back! And yes indeed, we do have two similar posts today. I enjoy reading your posts!